One of our initiatives is to promote the growth of skilled IT workers in this region. Continued education and investment in new skills is key to personal and professional development. With this in mind, we offer the MITN Fellowship.
MITN is working with four of our member organizations, Lansing Community College, Michigan State University, New Horizons Learning Center and Career Quest for this fellowship. Selected recipients may use their fellowship award for an IT related class at their preferred institution participating in the program.
Up to two recipients will be awarded a fellowship annually.
How to apply:
- Obtain a MITN member to sponsor your Fellowship application
- Download the MITN Fellowship application packet
- Fill out the application form and include the materials listed in the Application Checklist
- Submit the application form and all required documentation to: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the submission deadline!
For more information and to apply download MITN Fellowship Packet (PDF)
Fellowship Application Dates:
- Submission deadline: October 15, 2017
- All fellowship materials must be submitted by this date.
- MITN Committee review deadline: November 15, 2016
- All decisions will be made by this date, and awardees will be notified shortly after.
- Recognition of Fellowship Recipients: January 2018 MITN Event
- Fellowship recipients are required to attend a MITN event where they will be formally recognized as a fellowship recipient. Applicants should reserve these dates and will be notified of which event the ceremony will take place at.
- Fellowship Funds Allocated:
- When needed for program; As early as December 1
The applicant indicates when they intend on using the Fellowship funds on their application and all funds must be used during that time period, or must submit a waiver requesting an extension.